Job ID: 1304380
We are excited to be working with a global aerospace and defence technology innovator. The company provides advanced defence and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. A proven leader providing their services to over 150 countries.
They are seeking a Systems Engineer to significantly contribute to an Air Traffic Modernization project. You will be directly supporting the Chief SE, translating the client's previous network services program through development and initial deployment of the modernization requirements.
This is an important role focusing on the elements of the overall program. Tasked with acting as the Lead Systems Engineer for one or more elements of the project, i.e. conducting, overseeing or otherwise taking responsibility for all systems engineering activities and work products for assigned technology domain elements.
What the role will involve:
- Assisting with conversion of customer or product requirements into total solution that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints;
- Contributing to a successful outcome from programmatic reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, ISD);
- Managing system requirements (performing requirements analysis, writing, traceability, documentation);
- Defining system design (creating system diagrams, interconnection diagrams, IP plans, dial plans, feature design documents as required);
- Producing documentation and manuals;
- Creating test procedures, conducting Production Acceptance Testing, Systems Integration Testing, Factory Acceptance Testing, Site Acceptance Testing;
- Must have excellent interpersonal communications skills, an assured and commanding presence during briefings. Clear verbal and written skills are mandatory;
- Travel will be required within Australia to facilitate customer and partner coordination as well as support remote site audits.
What you’ll bring
- Degree qualified in Engineering in an Electrical, Electronic or Telecommunications related discipline.
- Substantial experience with systems engineering lifecycle/systems engineering methodology
- Experience with customer requirements reviews, design reviews and/or test and acceptance events with the customer
- An understanding of the INCOSE Systems Engineering standards
Additional desirable skills and experience:
- A demonstrated knowledge of IP Networking (WAN/LAN) & associated security mechanisms (Firewalls, Information Assurance)
- Proficient in PC skills including hardware and/or software installation or configuration
- Experience working with Air Traffic organization to develop, test and deploy a new automation or network service to the field
- Experience working as an engineer on delivery of a Defence, or mission critical capability
- The ability to work autonomously, as well as in a team supporting other systems engineers
- Experience with Security and Safety programs will be well regarded
- Experience in a multi-disciplined engineering environment
- Experience with DOORS or other requirements management tools
- Experience in Voice Communications Systems, VHF Radio, Telephony (VoIP, analog or digital)
- Other less relevant but adjacent competencies such as programming/coding, electronics projects, ICT skills,
Important to know:
Many of the roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In this instance, at least a baseline Australian Defence clearance is required. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
170000 - 170000 AUD/Year