Job ID: 1341947
We are excited to be working with a global aerospace and defence technology innovator. The company provides advanced defence and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. A proven leader providing their services to over 150 countries.
They are adding to their digital team by way of a Solutions Architect to support an Air Traffic Modernization project. You will lead and provide guidance to a consortium of engineering delivery streams represented by multiple companies to ensure they meet all program requirements.
In addition to providing strategic guidance to the implementation teams, you will also work with the business development group to identify, define and shape enhancements and new capabilities within, and adjacent to the ENMP network.
There will also be a small requirement of travel time within Australia.
What the role will involve:
• Responsible for ensuring the overall technical solution is consistent with the customer needs and expectation by communicating and managing the solution design, implementation, Integration / test, and operations and security operations across all ENMP consortium team members
• Primary technical interface between our client and Airservices Australia on all matters related to solution design, implementation, Integration / test, and operations
• Reach across all engineering disciplines to ensure 100% continuity to achieve the customer mission needs and goals.
• Face to face communication directly with Airservices Australia customers and their assigned representatives to brief technical status and address technical concerns
• Manage technical program risk and develop a managed risk solutions framework.
• Work closely with PMO and Program Scheduler to ensure program milestones are achieved
• Drive fast paced, results oriented work schedules without losing sight of long term business and customer relationship objectives
Skills & Experience:
• Degree qualified in a relevant field with previous relevant experience
• Previous demonstrated experience in a Senior Systems, Senior Network Engineer, or Architect role overseeing large-scale network communication systems with secure classifications, low-latency, high-availability services
• Experience working within the Australian safety regulatory processes
• Past experience designing, implementing or operating Air Traffic Management solutions
• Ability to drive consensus across a diverse, and sometimes conflicting collection of customer stakeholders
• Working understanding of modern, high-availability Ethernet-based architectures and design principles
• Current holder or ability to achieve a Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ) certification
• Past experience transitioning large, complex communications systems
• Working knowledge of emerging fixed-wireless communications technologies including 5G and LEOSAT
• Working knowledge of standard Systems Engineering and Architecture reference frameworks (e.g., SysML. MBSE, DoDAF)
Important to know
Many of our clients roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In this instance, the candidate must be able to undergo and obtain Australian Defence security clearance to NV1. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
Our client is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. They are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
180000 - 240000 AUD/Year