Senior UX/I Designer
Job ID: 1365466
Senior UX/UI Designer - 6 Month Contract
What we’re looking for…
Designers who work with our clients love solving complex problems and thinking strategically in both form and function – you’ll need to be able to work collaboratively to identify, investigate and validate problems as well as craft, prototype, design and test solutions. You’ll bring a deep understanding of human-centred design and demonstrated experience of focusing on the end-user through research and design, user interface and branding.
- Communicate with and guide clients throughout the visual design process from ideation, concept development and to developer handover. This includes collaborating with stakeholders, setting project timelines and deliverables, and ensuring the final product meets design standards.
- Work iteratively and collaboratively to design, prototype, and test products.
- Collaborate with UX and product designers to understand the user needs and problems to be solved.
- Work with developers to ensure your designs can be built efficiently.
- Collaborate with content designers to make sure the core message of the product is communicated
- Minimum 6 years’ experience working in a similar role and a killer portfolio
- You’re confident and collaborative; you work flexibly and iteratively across concepts, flows, visual design, and prototyping.
- You can size and scope projects based on a written brief and know the right questions to ask if more information is needed to scope a project correctly.
- You’re a visual thinker and feel comfortable designing high level visual concepts from proposal to prototype to delivery.
- You can comfortably educate the client on the process as the project passes through major milestones.
- You’re experienced at working with and creating design systems.
- You think multi-dimensionally and express interactions, transitions and motion.
- You can ensure your designs will work across all breakpoints and devices.
- You understand the principles of atomic design and are comfortable working with pre-set styles, components, and patterns.
- You understand how to set up the foundations of projects in Figma including; grid systems, type hierarchies, colours, imagery, hover states and tokens.
- You can define technical limitations and understand how to work within them.
- You’ll be constructive when mentoring Junior and Mid Designers.
- You can express how your designs may come to life using motion.
- You have a deep understanding of accessibility standards.
- You stay up to date with the latest design trends, tools and technologies and consider how 3D, VR and AI may play a role in products when needed.
- You can define a project backlog and work with project teams to prioritise tasks to remain within the allocated time.
- You can facilitate and run user testing sessions to validate your design choices.
- You can work cross-functionally with developers, product managers, and other stakeholders to ensure design solutions align with business goals and technical constraints.
- You can articulate the detail in your products and feel comfortable working with development teams to ensure your designs can translate to real life applications.
- You can read the user experience research and translate that into usable visual designs.
- You have a basic level of code and an understanding of how things may be built.
- You have great examples of work to show both high levels of visual expression and seamless user experience
Please contact Dillan@digitalent.com.au for more information.
Senior UX/I Designer
600 - 800 AUD/ Per day
February 1, 2024
Experience Design Lead
January 18, 2024
Product Design Lead
January 3, 2024
UI Design Lead