Senior Project Engineer
Job ID: 1341766
We are excited to be working with a global aerospace and defence technology innovator. The company provides advanced defence and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. A proven leader providing their services to over 150 countries.
They are seeking a Senior Project Engineer to support an Air Traffic Modernization project. You will manage the programmatic aspects of a specific program or effort and ensures schedule and cost targets are met. Your duties are broad in nature and may encompass multiple phases of a product’s lifecycle to include Pursuit, Development, Production or Post-Delivery Support.
You will plan, schedule and direct the engineering support of the program, and keep the team on plan through proactive engagement, constant and robust communication/ collaboration and focused risk management. You will be responsible for, and have authority over, all engineering resources associated with or in support of the program and must continually engage and collaborate with engineering functional leadership to ensure the necessary resources and support are available.
The Senior Project Engineer is a leader in a vitally important role, and is accountable to the Program Manager as well as the Engineering Leadership team.
What the role will involve:
- Responsible for successfully leading project team (including subcontractors) to meet customer requirements and service delivery within allocated cost and schedule commitments.
- Clears obstacles and escalates issues to the Program Manager.
- Communicates within and outside of the organization to influence leadership to accept new practices, approaches, and concepts.
- Recommends tactics and strategies that directly impact the achievement of the program.
- Responsible for full lifecycle Project Engineering support for a range of hardware and software development and integration efforts.
- Reviews status of engineering projects and budgets, manages schedules, and prepares status reports.
- Assesses engineering issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Identifies, tracks, mitigates, manages, and dispositions program-level risks.
- Estimates resource and material needs for the program.
- Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received.
- Must have ability and willingness to work in a collaborative team environment on quick reaction projects and will have regular contact with customers.
- Requires mastery level knowledge within a specific technical area or multiple job areas typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience
Skills & Experience:
- Degree qualified with previous relevant experience in a Project Engineering role
- Experience with best practices for project engineering and program execution including Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Proficient in Microsoft Project
- Experience with managing multi-discipline programs across multiple locations
- Experience with managing projects with budgets of $30M+
- Experience with Technical Supplier Management and Risk and Opportunity Management
- Experience working with Air Traffic Systems
Important to know
Many of the roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In this instance, the candidate must be able to undergo and obtain Australian Defence security clearance to NV1. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
Our client is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. They are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
Senior Project Engineer
150000 - 200000 AUD/Year