Senior Frontend Developer
Job ID: 1340298
Salary: 170000 - 180000 AUD/Year
Location: Remote (work from home)
We are truly excited to be partnering with an organization revolutionizing the employment sector and solving the veteran underemployment problem. They're all about up-skilling and reskilling individuals for new digital careers, without needing a university degree or prior job experience. They help thousands of veterans, military spouses, neurodivergent people, women in technology, Indigenous peoples and youth to find meaningful careers.
They strive to help under-served communities to overcome the prejudices of the corporate world and provide a lifeline to those who need it most. They look to find tech talent where others don’t look, and grow an individual’s career with targeted skill training, allowing them to deploy people faster and create rapid job readiness.
They are seeking a Senior Frontend Developer to play a key role in planning and implementation of their SaaS platform rebuild, as well as establishing and growing a scalable Design System, best practises and documentation. You will will work closely with the Software Engineering Team Leads and Head of Design, and will be responsible for making technology and UX choices to help maintain consistency across products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and implement a new web platform composed of multiple applications creating a codebase that is flexible, well-structured, robust, and easy to manage
- Write high-performance, reusable code for UI components and frontend libraries implementing the new Design System
- Collaborate with the product, UI designers and UX experts to create an outstanding experience cross device/cross-browser and implementing accessibility following WCAG 2.1AA
- Perform effective code reviews leading the development of high-quality software
- Recommend and assist with architectural changes to improve performance and reliability
- Enhance application for maximum speed and scalability
Skills & Competencies:
- Experience with Vue.js 2 and 3
- Hold the skills and knowledge of a Senior Frontend Engineer
- Competent with Typescript and ES6+, object model, DOM manipulation, event handlers
- Knowledge of how to design and implement high-performance applications having a good exposure of frontend performance such as complex state management, partial-hydration, component rendering isolation, profiling, etc.
- Follow component-driven development and perform visual regression testing
- Competent understanding of API’s (REST, WebSocket, GraphQL)
- Knowledge and competency in common frontend tools like Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Test their code implementing well-written unit, integration and UI test
- Exposure to software platform design, Full SDLC, SOLID principles, Design Patterns, unit testing, Security & Compliance
- Exposure with API Client tools, and Collaborative API Design tools
- ‘Fierce Cycle Leave’ additional leave provided to our employees, where they are ‘given’ a long weekend every six weeks
- Training and Development Opportunities including ‘hack week’ focus
- Every 7th week, there is dedicated time for all departments to take part in professional and personal development
- P&E team get licenses/access to external training as well, opportunities to complete additional certifications as required.
- Huge focus on career advancement – progression within departments
- 24/7 access to SONDER (EAP) for themselves and their family
- Support with health and wellbeing, access to counselling and mental health plans, financial guidance, sleep, physical health
- Also offers in person support
- Tracking journeys – which can be great for kids going to and from school – or nights out; if you want someone to check in that you got home ok etc.
- GREAT PROGRAM.
Senior Frontend Developer
170000 - 180000 AUD/Year
Remote (work from home)