Job ID: 1302926
Digitalent are excited to be working with an innovative and diverse portfolio business that are a specialist media company, with brands covering News & Information, Data, Technology, Marketing and Communications.
They collaborate with huge household names across Media, Sport, Corporate, Betting and Public Sector providing a wide range of content, products, and services. Currently investing heavily in upscaling their teams to ensure they continue to deliver world class software solutions across the business following recent acquisitions. Their products include pictures, video, data APIs, graphics and social media curation and anyone new to the business will help ensure they continue to develop the highest quality securing their place in the digital market.
As Scrum Master you will work embedded in multi-disciplined teams building digital products. You will take ownership of the Agile processes and help to support the Scrum teams deliver toward their sprint commitments. Removing blockers and coaching in continuous improvements, you will offer guidance on whether Scrum or Kanban works best for that team and consult with the senior teams.
They are looking to add a Scrum Master to the team, ideally someone who understands the digital media, eCommerce or stock images in some way. They have clear career progression plans in place too, so you can enjoy the ability to advance your career in an everchanging industry who capitalise on new technologies.
Typically, you will:
- Organise and facilitate sprint ceremonies – daily stand-ups, sprint planning, retros, reviews, and refinement sessions.
- Planning events to establish release plans, ensuring that customers benefit from small and frequent iterations
- Work with Product Owners to prepare and prioritise the Sprint Backlog
- Ensure the team are as effective as possible by protecting them from external distractions, removing blockers, running workshops and healthcare checks
- Leading and inspiring the Product and Engineering teams to deliver world class software
This role will really suit someone who:
- Enjoys working in an autonomous environment to bring and share your ideas with multi-disciplined teams
- Certified Scrum Master with specific experience in software development teams.
- Knowledge of Scaled Agile Frameworks
- Ability to assess the maturity and true Agility of teams – supporting them in the transition from “doing” to “being” Agile – coaching, facilitating technical teams and senior stakeholders to adopt Agile
- Background in successful release planning and delivery, with examples of smooth and frequent releases of product increments into a business.
- They are a remote first business, so you will need experience quickly building solid relationships across multiple areas “online” and will include some work with overseas teams so some flexibility may be required to accommodate multiple time zones.
- Any background in digital, or software development would be a distinct advantage!
Remote (work from home)