Job ID: 1345698
Salary: 50000 - 55000 GBP/Year
Location: Remote (work from home)
Digitalent are excited to be working with an innovative and diverse portfolio business that are a specialist media company, with brands covering News & Information, Data, Technology, Marketing and Communications.
They collaborate with huge household names across Media, Sport, Corporate, Betting and Public Sector providing a wide range of content, products, and services. Currently investing heavily in upscaling their teams to ensure they continue to deliver world class software solutions across the business following recent acquisitions. Their products include pictures, video, data APIs, graphics and social media curation and anyone new to the business will help ensure they continue to develop the highest quality securing their place in the digital market.
As a QA Engineer you will sit in their video streaming brand, specialising in providing enterprise solutions to sports around the world!
Sitting in the delivery squads, you will be responsible for all aspects of the software development lifecycle, from requirement gathering and validation, backlog refinements and planning through to formal testing, deployment and support in production.
The QA function is in its infancy here, so you will get the chance to have real input in it's growth and evolution, ideally you will enjoy challenging the expectations and raising the bar! Working with teams creating enterprise solutions to sports teams around the globe specifically video streaming and subscription/payments based services.
- Comprehensive experience of using multiple test automation tools such as Cypress, Jest, WebDriveIO, Playwright etc.
- Expertise in Object-Oriented and/or Functional programming principles, development standards and practices and patterns, along with a thorough understanding of software architecture
- Thorough understanding of web technologies & protocols and the principals of Web APIs (e.g. REST, Web Sockets)
- Strong working knowledge of web technologies and protocols, “the cloud” (e.g. AWS/Azure), scaling, and microservices.
- Good working knowledge of integration technologies and patterns, including queuing, messaging and streaming technologies (e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka, AWS SQS/SNS)
- Experience of working with containerization technologies, for example Docker and Container Orchestration Platforms Kubernetes, AWS ECS
- Good working knowledge of persistence and database storage technologies (e.g. Relational, Document and Graph databases)
- Familiarity with testing web applications against a wide-range of browsers and devices.
- Knowledge and awareness of testing methodologies for mobile applications across both iOS and Android.
50000 - 55000 GBP/Year
Remote (work from home)