Network Operations Lead
Job ID: 1341974
We are excited to be working with a global aerospace and defence technology innovator. The company provides advanced defence and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. A proven leader providing their services to over 150 countries.
The role is for a Network Operations Lead who will support our Enterprise Network Modernization Program (ENMP). You will be expected to have the ability to understand customer requirements, translate them into work instructions and provide management oversight of implementation and sustainment tasks. You will have a deep understanding of Network Engineering, Network Operations, Network Deployment, industry best practices, industry standards, and an awareness to Operational Support Systems (OSS) applications.
What the role will involve:
- Provides leadership oversight of a third-party consortium teammate on network operations and service management, who support a 24/7 operating environment.
- Provide indirect management oversight over the full end-to-end technology life cycle within the network space to include Routing and Switching, Radio Frequency (RF), and Airport Surveillance solutions
- Work as part of a network team monitoring national air space and air traffic spanning RF, Layer 1 through Layer 7 of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model
- Maintain and validate quality network service by establishing and enforcing managed hosting standards, metrics and industry best practices
- Support internal and external customer requests to include Service Orders, Service Disconnects, and User Account creation
- Plan, design, and work with consortium teammates to build, install and configure new network and security capabilities to meet the needs of an enterprise network
- Anticipate risks and constraints and proactively develop solutions to address the risk/constraints
- A consultative approach to all major activities and projects. Including the ability to effectively and accurately document requirements and develop clear execution plans
- The ability to plan and script complex changes within the Network infrastructure.
- Patching & upgrade management of networking devices under strict change management practices
- Identify and delegate ways to create efficiencies in supporting clients, internal communications, and process development and refinement.
- Provide best practice and proven methodologies to identify or forecast potential issues within technical solutions and provides proactive remediation options for consideration.
- Supports the resolution of any scheduled maintenance or major outage issues escalated from the consortium partner team.
Skills & Experience:
- Degree qualified with previous relevant experience in a Network Operations role
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v4 practitioner, with previous years of experience implementing best practices in an Operations Centre.
- Air Traffic Management operations and procedures
- Experience with network operations tools such as ServiceNow, Grafana, InfluxDB, Cisco DNA Center, VMware, Splunk, Icinga, Netbox
- Experience with continual improvement of network operations procedures
- Network operations training
- Ability to work with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations
- Proven experience of network design and implementation
- Advanced networking knowledge to include Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN), SD-LAN, MPLS, DWDM, and Pseudeowire Emulation (PWE)
- Extensive experience with Cisco routers and switches, Juniper routers and switches, Rohde & Schwarz radio systems, VMware, and Telephony technologies
- Detailed understanding of network security, including Firewalls, VPNs, Proxies, DDI
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible and scripting languages such as Python would be an advantage
- Data analytics experience
Important to know
Many of our client's roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In this instance, the candidate must be able to undergo and obtain Australian Defence security clearance to NV1. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
Our client is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
Network Operations Lead
140000 - 190000 AUD/Year