Job ID: 1341967
We are excited to be working with a global aerospace and defence technology innovator. The company provides advanced defence and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. A proven leader providing their services to over 150 countries.
Our client is seeking a motivated Network Architect / Lead Network Planning Engineer to support innovative network solutions and an Enterprise Network Modernization Program (ENMP).
You will be supporting the management and implementation of network design and solutions and collaborate with internal and external teams. You will work independently on projects from start to finish, including developing network designs based upon user requirements, creating network diagrams using Visio and Model Based Systems Engineering tools such as MagicDraw, Capella and Innoslate, configuring network equipment, and full implementation follow-through and documentation of requirements.
As a senior position, the Network Architect is responsible for designing computer networks, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), Internet connections, intranets and other data communications systems
Skills & Experience:
- Degree qualified in Science in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer
- Science, Computer Information Systems or another relevant Degree
- Substantial network engineering experience with IP networks
- Experience with proven leadership as a team lead, manager or technical expert. Recent experience leading a project in a large-scale environment
- Experience looking at the big picture and what's needed over the next three to five years (strategic growth and planning)
- Experience analysing requirements to develop technology roadmaps that point to solutions and their frameworks, as well as performing network modeling, analysis, planning and budgeting
- Experience designing efficient, cost-effective network infrastructures that meet the long-term goals of the customer, while also permitting the customer to meet its short-term goals and financial obligations
- Experience designing computer networks, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), Internet connections, intranets and other data communications systems for large distributed communications systems
- Experience presenting strategies and solutions to senior managers and executives, excellent communication skills are required
- Experience implementing network design, testing and building an enterprise network
- Experience pairing with Tier 1 Internet Service providers, troubleshooting routing within the Internet (experience with looking glass sites)
- Experience configuring MPLS, ISIS, QoS, BGP, VPLS, AS prepending, route policies, and in-depth BGP troubleshooting and configuring (Route-leaking, BGP attributes (local preference and community’s)) using Cisco XR code
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting OSPF redistribution, costs, and route-maps using Cisco XE code
- Experience with Cisco ASR903, ISR3, ASR99xx routers and Cisco Nexus switches.
- Experience doing network planning, recommending network upgrades based on network trends and network issues
- In depth implementation and troubleshooting experience of IP networks and the ability to think critically in high pressure, confidential environments
- Experience implementing and managing carrier grade network and network technologies such as Carrier Ethernet, MPLS and SDN technologies
- Experience mentoring less experienced engineers
Important to know
Many of our client's roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In this instance, the candidate must be able to undergo and obtain Australian Defence security clearance to NV1. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
Our client is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. They are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
160000 - 220000 AUD/Year