Job ID: 1265590
Digitalent are delighted to be working with a startup in the flexible workspace sector who are hiring a Junior Full Stack Developer, FULLY REMOTE.
The pandemic has changed the ways that teams work together and more options will need to be in place to support changing working habits and practices.
Their platform connects teams with available flexible office space and the building owners, managers and hosts that run them. They are currently looking for a Junior Full Stack Developer to join their growing team.
What you will be doing
– The Junior Full Stack Developer will work directly with the engineering lead to design, plan, and estimate features for the web app and REST APIs
– Feature development and complete ownership of design, frontend, backend, and tests
– Writing excellent technical documentation (both internal and external) for our APIs and internal processes
– Working with relevant stakeholders to understand requirements (business teams, mobile team,etc.)
– Helping mobile team understand exposed APIs, and assist them in implementing them if needed
– Troubleshooting and fixing bugs in the web app or APIs
– Writing clean, scalable code that stands the test of time, and follows DRY and SOLID principles. We prefer simplicity above all else.
– Relevant degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
– Full Stack Development experience
– Experience working with Object Oriented PHP and Laravel on the backend
– A solid understanding of application design and related patterns (e.g. Actions, Services, MVC etc.)
– Knowledge of database design and querying using SQL (we use MySQL)
– Experience building and scaling public and private REST APIs
– Experience consuming third party APIs to build integrations
Nice to have
– Experience with Livewire, Tailwind and Alpine
– Experience with websockets is a plus
– Experience with Laravel Nova, Horizon, and other ecosystem tools is a plus
– Knowledge of mapping tools and APIs such as Mapbox and Google Maps
Remote (work from home)