Head of Technology Delivery
Job ID: 1331936
Digitalent are really proud to be working with an innovative, award-winning OTT agency that is transforming the online video sector. They are a fast-growing business, comfortably outpacing typical growth metrics in their sector amongst our competitors and have forged a reputation as being a leading global player in sports OTT. Every year they deliver over 15,000 live events worldwide, and as part of their full end-to-end OTT service, provide customers and their fans with the highest quality and most reliable viewing experience. Technology is at the core of what they do, but they are also known for their dedication and commitment to customer services and are proud to be recognised as amongst the best in the business to work with!
As Head of Technology Delivery you will have the overall responsibility for developing and executing a technology strategy which supports that of product and the five year business strategy. Which involves combining people, process, and technology to continually deliver products and services at a predictable and sustainable pace.
This role will suit an experienced Head of Tech - credible, passionate technologist who keeps up to date with all the latest trends and best practices within the industry to ensure solutions are delivered against the product roadmap in an effective and predictable manner. Working closely with senior business stakeholders especially product to provide technical guidance and help build and execute strategies for business development and growth.
You love the opportunity to lead, coordinate and inspire a direction of travel, not afraid to challenge and critique ideas and suggestions whilst valuing the opportunity to sell ideas, inform and build relationships with senior business stakeholders, team members, third parties and customers.
Day to Day
- Work closely with the product team to understand the “who, what, and why” of product initiatives, and deliver the resulting roadmap in a predictable and sustainable way through your product engineering squads
- Lead the disciplines of Solution Architecture, Software Engineering, and QA - being fully responsible for their line management.
- Providing leadership, coaching and guidance to the management team, setting targets and objectives to create a culture of high performance
- Ensuring resilience and succession within the department and managing risks around resources accordingly.
- Define and implement processes to optimise the predictable delivery of products and services to which business goals
- Define and manage the Technology budget in collaboration with the Director of Technology
- Define and manage the Platform budget in collaboration with the Head of IT Services
- Collaborate with Product, Technology and Commercial peers to provide technology guidance for business opportunities and product development
- Mentoring colleagues, helping to build their skills, and supporting them across a range of areas including, technology and its application within products
- Contribute to strategy to turn specific opportunities into cross-business platforms and services to encourage re-use and technology efficiency
- Decision making to ensure technology delivers against the business product strategy in a pragmatic way
- Strong engineering leadership, line-management and a proven product delivery track record at scale
- Excellent communication skills, being able to confidently articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences (including executives), and lead discussions both within and outside of the Technology space
- Strong understanding of the principles of Agile working patterns and frameworks (e.g. Scrum/Kanban)
- Strong communication skills, being able to confidently articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Stakeholder management – able to keep key stakeholders across the Group updated on progress against strategy and any risk to delivery
- Able to confidently apply practices and principles across multiple business areas
- A passion and desire for learning, technology and delivering quality, resilient products
Head of Technology Delivery
Chief Technology Officer
90000 - 100000 GBP/Year