Graduate Data Engineer
Job ID: 1276563
Digitalent are delighted to be working with a leading testing and certification provider who are based in Manchester City Centre. This will be a hybrid role and you will be required to work in the office 3 days per week.
They are looking for a Graduate Data Engineer to join their Data & BI team in a role that will allow you to both apply and grow your skills in Data Engineering through the delivery of data insights to all areas of their business, allowing you to rapidly see the impact of the work that you do.
They currently have a challenging programme of BI work as they continue to expand and are looking for a Graduate Developer to support that.
Their MI team not only supports the delivery of traditional MI to their business but will also drive the increasing use of data and advanced analytics as a value-add service for their customers.
- Development and Implementation of business intelligence and reporting solutions using the latest Azure technologies: Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Analysis Services, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Factory and Power BI.
- Support and enhancement of our legacy integration and reporting platforms using SQL Server on-premises technologies.
- Working with system and business owners to identify and address data quality issues.
- Addressing the backlog of reporting and data quality requests
- Be a recent graduate in Computer Science, Data Analysis or Data Engineering with a 2:1 degree or equivalent.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- An understanding of relational databases and data modelling.
- A good working knowledge of SQL.
- Strong communication skills.
- An understanding of the benefits of cloud computing.
- A demonstrable interest and desire to work in technology.
What do they offer you?
- A competitive salary up to £28,000
- Flexible working with home working available
- Discretionary annual company bonus and yearly salary review
- Access to lots of discounts and benefits via our company benefits portal including; retail, fitness, holiday and cinema discounts
- 25 days holiday per year and a generous pension scheme
- Training will be a mixture of on the job learning and formal training with the goal of qualifying as a Microsoft Certified Azure Data Engineer Associate.
- You will be mentored by a member of their internal MI team.
Digitalent’s Commitment ❤️ We believe in celebrating diversity within our company and our recruitment industries. We engage deeply with our clients and strive to raise awareness of diversity and inclusion within the hiring process. We maintain a culture of continual learning and improvement and aim to increase the diversity within our company and work with our clients to achieve the same. As a company, we are committed to ensuring that Digitalent is an inclusive, fair, and welcoming workplace for all.
Graduate Data Engineer