Job ID: 1392939
Salary: 60000 - 80000 GBP/Year
Location: Remote (work from home)
Digitalent is proud to be partnering exclusively with GRIDSERVE on their hunt for a Firmware Engineer.
GRIDSERVE is an International Sustainable Energy business headquartered in the UK. They develop, construct, own and operate premium solutions for critical sustainable energy applications and are breaking boundaries to achieve their ambition of delivering sustainable energy to move the needle on climate change. GRIDSERVE have delivered the most technically advanced hybrid solar projects ever built in the UK and are making huge strides towards electric vehicle charging being as convenient as refuelling with petrol. They have a national network of ultra-fast, dependable Electric Forecourts that provide drivers with the confidence to go electric. And they complete the full Sun-to-Wheel proposition with their electric vehicle leasing business.
GRIDSERVE aims to make leasing a new electric vehicle easy and affordable, encouraging as many people as possible to make the switch to driving electric. Just some of the ways they are looking to provide sustainable solutions.
Due to expansion of the business, they require a hard-working, and determined individual to be part of the firmware team and contribute to the development of the energy management and vehicle monitoring platforms. The role involves working “hands on” within a team of firmware and software engineers, and data scientists, developing the features and platforms for the product roadmap and customer requests.
- To develop firmware platforms and features for GRIDSERVE devices in line with the company product development roadmap
- Manage assigned workload, prioritizing accordingly to ensure feature delivery times are met
- Collaborate with software and hardware development teams to develop features and solutions to meet new and evolving customer feature requests
- Manage assigned bug reports and prioritize action to address them
- Develop and test features and platforms according to agreed product, system and project development lifecycle phases
- Collaborate with data analysts to understand requirements for data collection
- Identify creative and innovative solutions to address feature requests based on awareness of technology and software trends
- Provide occasional technical product support, pre- and post-sale to internal and external users and customers
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes including anti-bribery policy and Environmental and Quality Management System (compliant with ISO 9001 and 14001)
Skills/ Experience Required:
- Skilled in: C, C++, HTTPS/TCP/IP and Linux build and driver development
- Previous experience of designing and working on IOT systems with ‘big data’ is preferred.
- Self-driven, focused, results and quality oriented
- Team player, innovative with sound judgement and solutions driven
- Able to approach work with positive energy and integrity
The role is offered remote first with occasional travel in the UK and overseas as necessary
60000 - 80000 GBP/Year
Remote (work from home)