Job ID: 1335268
Digitalent are excited to be working with an innovative and diverse portfolio business that are a specialist media company, with brands covering News & Information, Data, Technology, Marketing and Communications. on their search for an eCommerce Director!
As eCommerce Director reporting directly into the MD, you will enjoy responsibility for running and growing their eCommerce function Globally and management of the D2C online business. An incredible time to join for digital where they have enjoyed significant investment in tech and platforms and you will play a part in the opportunity to shape the 3-5 year plans for the business.
A highly commercial role, you will have the autonomy to grow and evolve their online business, both strategic and hands on, you will have direct responsibility and ownership of eCommerce, SEO and Performance Marketing including line management. You will dot lines into them from both the Analytics and Product teams as well as being a key stakeholder of the customer service function, especially around the live chat and chat bot solutions.
Whilst highly analytical and data driven, the role is also creative with overall responsibility for the digital strategy and customer experience. Your influencing and negotiation skills will be vital as you interface internally with senior contacts and form external relationships with key third parties.
You will be the internal thought leader on digital, helping to identify digital commerce and marketing trends, new tech, evolving best practices, competitor activity and testing opportunities that help drive the business forward. This is a hybrid role where you can move between their offices in London and Oxfordshire.
- Proven experience as a business leader, with a proven track record of delivering against digital sales and customer satisfaction targets
- Strong commercial acumen with experience of B2C and, ideally, B2B digital sales
- Entrepreneurial flair combined with analytical approach
- Proven experience of growing a digital sales channel, whilst improving ROI
- Proven transformation capability with experience of best of breed headless eCommerce platforms
- Effective collaborator, communicator and influencer at all levels, including senior leadership and board level
- Proven team leadership and talent development
- Highly numerate, analytical and results focused
- Proven experience negotiating and managing 3rd party contracts and relationships at senior level
- Advanced in the use and understanding of tools and technologies essential for performance analysis, forecasting and conversion optimisation
About the Role:
- Managing and growing the end to end consumer facing ecommerce platform to deliver against digital sales targets and business KPIs
- Optimisation of eCommerce business unit profitability with P&L accountability
- Developing eCommerce plans which support customer acquisition and retention
- Evaluating new media and new technology for online progression to increase the volume of high quality, qualified traffic to the brand website in order to increase sales
- Ensuring ongoing website usability and website testing to ensure effective evolution of site design, content and management of appropriate metrics and procedures to measure effectiveness of all online marketing activity (ROI) and create and source content for the website
- Lead the development of ongoing end-to-end digital strategy. Define how they continue to digitise the business
- Stakeholder and dot line management of digital product owners, UX and content owners
- Ensure full testing and monitoring measures in place to optimise the journey, site functionality and customer satisfaction
- Management of Marketing Team including brand and digital marketing, accountable for optimisation of digital response channel performance – pay-per-click (PPC), display, social media, SEO and affiliates
- Ensure Social Media strategy supports marketing and business plans
- Responsible for all aspects of pricing, promotions, ranging, advertising etc. in the online space within operating parameters agreed
- Participate as needed in various Leadership forums to help drive operational and strategic transformation