Job ID: 1318761
Salary: 45000 - 60000 GBP/Year
Location: Remote (work from home)
Digitalent are delighted to be partnering exclusively with GRIDSERVE on this exciting Data Tester opportunity.
GRIDSERVE is an International Sustainable Energy business headquartered in the UK. They develop, construct, own and operate premium solutions for critical sustainable energy applications and are breaking boundaries to achieve their ambition of delivering sustainable energy to move the needle on climate change.
They have delivered the most technically advanced hybrid solar projects ever built in the UK and are making huge strides towards electric vehicle charging being as convenient as refuelling with petrol. They have a national network of ultra-fast, dependable Electric Forecourts that provide drivers with the confidence to go electric. And they complete the full Sun-to-Wheel proposition with their electric vehicle leasing business.
GRIDSERVE aims to make leasing a new electric vehicle easy and affordable, encouraging as many people as possible to make the switch to driving electric. Just some of the ways they are looking to provide sustainable solutions.
Due to expansion of the IT Data Team, they require a skilled, hard-working, and analytical individual to be responsible for the delivery of Insights in Power BI for their portfolio of assets.
This role can be FULLY REMOTE or hybrid.
- Prepare functional test cases using test design techniques, data validation concepts, equivalence partitioning, and boundary value analysis
- ETL/ELT testing – validating, verifying, and qualifying data while preventing duplicate records and data loss
- Test scripts creation, execution, test coverage and defect tracking
- Test cube functionality by writing complex SQL queries and verifying the results against the cube
- Perform regression, functionality, system, front-end, back-end, negative and positive tests
- Develop new and update existing automation test cases
- Define application test criteria based on business, system, and technical requirements
- Create test logs and test summary reports
- Create strategies and test cases for applications that use ETL components
- Data mining and detailed data analysis on data warehouse systems
- Report defects and assign severity based on defect found
- Keep track of industry best practices and trends, and through acquired knowledge take advantage of process and system improvement opportunities
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience analysing ETL mapping documents
- Create SQL scripts based on ETL mapping documents
- Hands-on experience in relational databases and database architecture
- Hands-on experience interpreting and understanding data models and ER diagrams
- Experience testing Big Data systems
- Experience of working with the Azure technology stack
- Experience of agile development practices and working with Azure DevOps
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solver with the ability to analyse data, identify issues/opportunities, design and implement pragmatic solutions
- Proven ability to be pro-active, take the initiative and be innovative within a team environment
- Analytical mind within a problem-solving attitude with a keen eye for detail
- Able to work on several projects at the same time and prioritise effectively
- Private Healthcare via BUPA for employee and their partner/children paid fully by GRIDSERVE
- Generous Annual leave- 25 days plus bank holidays
- Group Life Insurance – 4 x base salary paid to beneficiary
- Contributory Pension Scheme – 5% by Employee and 5% by GRIDSERVE
- Generous Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Employee Assistance Program including counselling
- Access to Private GP 24/7 and Nurse
- Probate & Bereavement Counselling
- Recruitment Referral Fee
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Fully Remote or hybrid from their office in Iver, Buckinghamshire
45000 - 60000 GBP/Year
Remote (work from home)