Job ID: 1318760
Salary: 50000 - 65000 GBP/Year
Location: Remote (work from home)
Digitalent is proud to be partnering exclusively with GRIDSERVE on this exciting Data Engineer opportunity.
GRIDSERVE is an International Sustainable Energy business headquartered in the UK. They develop, construct, own and operate premium solutions for critical sustainable energy applications and are breaking boundaries to achieve their ambition of delivering sustainable energy to move the needle on climate change.
They have delivered the most technically advanced hybrid solar projects ever built in the UK and are making huge strides towards electric vehicle charging being as convenient as refuelling with petrol. They have a national network of ultra-fast, dependable Electric Forecourts that provide drivers with the confidence to go electric. And they complete the full Sun-to-Wheel proposition with their electric vehicle leasing business.
GRIDSERVE aims to make leasing a new electric vehicle easy and affordable, encouraging as many people as possible to make the switch to driving electric. Just some of the ways they are looking to provide sustainable solutions.
Due to expansion of their Data Team, they require a skilled, hard-working, technical, and analytical individual to be responsible for building systems for collecting, validating, and preparing high-quality data.
This role can be FULLY REMOTE or hybrid.
- Understand business processes and data flows
- Build and maintain reliable and scalable ETL/ELT on big-data platforms
- Extract, transform, and load data from source systems to Azure Data Storage services using a combination of Azure Data Factory, T-SQL, Spark SQL
- Data ingestion to one or more Azure Services – Azure Data Lake, Azure Storage, Azure DW.
- Create pipelines in ADF using Linked Services
- Responsible for building the business’ data collection systems and processing pipelines
- Build the data processing framework to handle growing databases
- Build and monitor the metrics of the data space and analyse the data
- Build a metadata system where all data Is maintained and catalogued
- Build data loading services for the purpose of importing data from numerous and disparate data sources, inclusive of APIs, logs, relational, and non-relational databases
- Responsible for estimating the cluster size, monitoring and troubleshooting of the Spark Databricks cluster
- Experienced in performance tuning of Spark Applications for setting right batch interval time, correct level of parallelism and memory tuning
- Develop JSON scripts for deploying the pipeline in Azure Data Factory(ADF) that process the data using the SQL activity
- Hands-on experience on developing SQL scripts for automation purpose
- Analyse, design, and build modern data solutions using Azure PaaS to support visualization of data
Skills & Experience Required:
- Writes advanced SQL including query tuning
- Understanding of data warehouse concepts
- Experience in OLAP and OLAP Cubes
- Worked on creating Azure Data Factory for moving and transforming the data
- Worked with Azure Data Lake Store to capture data of any size, type, and velocity in one single place for different operations
- Database design, interrogation and programming skills (relational database, advanced queries, indexes, and constraints)
- Experience with Azure e.g Databricks, SQL database, Synapse Serverless
- Programming experience in for example Scala, Python, Spark SQL or C#.NET would be preferred
- Experience with Azure DevOps (Documentation, Source Control, Pipelines)
- Data Visualization and Data Migration
- PowerShell scripting
- SQL Server programming
- Confident using Power BI
- Private Healthcare via BUPA for employee and their partner/children paid fully by GRIDSERVE
- Generous Annual leave- 25 days plus bank holidays
- Group Life Insurance – 4 x base salary paid to beneficiary
- Contributory Pension Scheme – 5% by Employee and 5% by GRIDSERVE
- Generous Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Employee Assistance Program including counselling
- Access to Private GP 24/7 and Nurse
- Probate & Bereavement Counselling
- Recruitment Referral Fee
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Fully Remote or hybrid from their office in Iver, Buckinghamshire
50000 - 65000 GBP/Year
Remote (work from home)