Job ID: 1318757
Salary: 60000 - 80000 GBP/Year
Location: Remote (work from home)
Digitalent is proud to be partnering exclusively with GRIDSERVE on their search for a Data Architect.
GRIDSERVE is an International Sustainable Energy business headquartered in the UK. They develop, construct, own and operate premium solutions for critical sustainable energy applications and are breaking boundaries to achieve their ambition of delivering sustainable energy to move the needle on climate change. GRIDSERVE have delivered the most technically advanced hybrid solar projects ever built in the UK and are making huge strides towards electric vehicle charging being as convenient as refuelling with petrol. They have a national network of ultra-fast, dependable Electric Forecourts that provide drivers with the confidence to go electric. And they complete the full Sun-to-Wheel proposition with their electric vehicle leasing business.
GRIDSERVE aims to make leasing a new electric vehicle easy and affordable, encouraging as many people as possible to make the switch to driving electric. Just some of the ways they are looking to provide sustainable solutions.
About the Role:
As Data Architect you will be responsible for architecture and design solutions with a focus on analysing data inquiry needs, creating blueprints for desired data architecture and driving efficiency and value for the business. The role is due to expansion in the IT Data Team and requires an analytical person to head up the delivery of Insights in Power BI, for their portfolio of assets.
Day to Day Activities:
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes including anti-bribery policy and Environmental and Quality Management System (compliant with ISO 9001 and 14001).
- Conduct maturity assessments to develop a clear ‘as-is’ state of the current data capabilities, data landscape, data architecture, and identify opportunity gaps
- Analyse current business practices, processes, and procedures as well as identify relevant Microsoft Azure Data & Analytics IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS services
- Have a sound understanding of consumption cost drivers in Azure cloud-based solutions
- Understand the challenges and capabilities relating to Big Data, data ownership, standardization, real-time read and write, and data driven user experience to inform a new target operating model that includes data architecture, data quality, and business intelligence
- Document the data technology roadmap and the transition from the current architectural framework to target architecture of the future
- Modelling, database design, data integration, reference data management, and ETL/ELT requirements and design
- Help guide towards the concept of a ‘Single View’ and assist in developing the transformation initiatives and technology solutions to enable the realization of this concept
- Be the Digital Transformation Program’s trusted advisor on the data transformation theme and make it easy for program delivery teams to acknowledge and embed data considerations when delivering
- Work with the BI team to develop a strategic data science resource with the required skills and tools for data modelling and intelligence
- Solid commercial experience as a data modeler and architect
- Experience in turning business use cases and requirements into technical solutions
- Proven design and development experience in building enterprise data warehouses on a cloud platform
- In-depth knowledge of the principles and best practices of system design
- Expert knowledge of data modelling, database design, ETL/ELT
- Experience of working with the Azure technology stack
- Experience of agile development practices and working with Azure DevOps
- Advance skills in data integration on multiple interfaces, including API, SFTP and RPA
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-driven, focused, results and quality oriented
- Excellent problem solver with the ability to analyse data, identify issues/opportunities, design and implement pragmatic solutions
- Analytical mind within a problem-solving attitude with a keen eye for detail
- Able to work on several projects at the same time and prioritise effectively
- Remote first role
- Private Healthcare via BUPA for employee and their partner/children paid fully by GRIDSERVE
- Annual leave- 25 days plus bank holidays
- Group Life Insurance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Generous Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Access to Private GP 24/7 and Nurse via BUPA
- Counselling for all family members via BUPA
- Probate & Bereavement Counselling
- Bike to Work Scheme
60000 - 80000 GBP/Year
Remote (work from home)