Cyber Security Engineer
Job ID: 1418028
Cyber Security Engineer
Are you a seasoned Cyber Security Engineer with a passion for fintech innovation? An unparalleled opportunity awaits you with a rapidly growing Electronic Money Institution. With a global footprint spanning Australia, Cyprus, Lithuania, UK, Netherlands, USA, Israel, and Malta, our client is at the forefront of providing cutting-edge financial solutions.
Join their mission to fortify the fintech realm against cyber threats. As a Cyber Security Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the organisation’s cyber security infrastructure. This includes protecting company assets, such as intellectual property and sensitive customer information, from cyber threats and breaches. The individual in this role will be
a subject matter expert in cyber security, with a deep understanding of security best practices, industry standards, and current threats.
The role will operate hybrid out of their London office and will include regular trips to Cyprus!
Who you are? (experience)
• An experienced cyber security engineer with 5 year’s experience across several cyber security domains,
with a thorough understanding of cyber security analysis and knowledge of IT security best practice,
solutions, and infrastructure.
• Obtained relevant information security certifications, such as CISSP, ISSAP, CEH, CASP, GSEC, GCIH, etc.
• Knowledge of standards, controls, and frameworks, such as CIS Controls, CSA Cloud Controls Matrix,
ISO27001, NIST Standards (800-53, CSF), OWASP Top 10. You can demonstrate working with at least one
of these but have a deeper understanding of PCI DSS compliance requirements.
• Proficient in supporting cyber incident response processes and maintaining an effective continuous
threat and vulnerability monitoring program.
• Able to demonstrate 2 year’s experience securing cloud workloads and infrastructure, and operating
cloud-native security tools and services to provide automation, preventative and detective controls.
• Have an in-depth knowledge on Cyber Kill Chain or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
• Developed a technical capability in Identity and Access Management to implement and manage
appropriate privileged access controls across disparate systems and networks, both on-prem and cloud,
and have previously deployed SSO solutions with multiple IdPs.
• Comfortable implementing, operating, and optimising cyber security tools and able to quickly
understand and adapt to new security solutions to provide optimised operation.
• An ability to work independently and prioritise work to manage conflicting deadlines, have experience
leading a team, and confident to take the initiative and say what you think.
• You’re an avid cyber security professional that follows industry trends and able to understand the latest
developments and identify opportunities to address control gaps and known risks.
• You can integrate with a multicultural organisation and bring a professional work ethic to your conduct
of team leadership and lead by example. You display strong communication and leadership skills.
The nice to have…
• Experience working with fast-paced, cloud-first, innovative fintech companies that have challenged you
to think creatively to meet complex objectives.
• An understanding of securing the operating environment of high-risk user groups, such as developers
and regulated risk and finance teams, providing security-hardened devices and strong access controls.
• Perform application penetration testing and conduct security risk assessments of infrastructure
• Comfortable providing guidance and training to team members and other departments.
What you’ll do? (the role)
As a Cyber Security Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the
organisation’s cyber security infrastructure. This includes protecting company assets, such as intellectual
property and sensitive customer information, from cyber threats and breaches. The individual in this role will be
a subject matter expert in cyber security, with a deep understanding of security best practices, industry
standards, and current threats.
You will be expected to review and respond to daily security events, alerts, and investigations, requiring you to
problem solve and remediate using security tools and knowledge of incident response process. You will be
responsible for providing a secure operating environment for the business and its people.
Responsible for threat modelling current/new application features and product launches, being a security
consultant on security design best practices, identifying security gaps and raising risks when discovered.
You will need to work collaboratively with our ITSM, DevOps, Developers, Technology & Infrastructure team to
support the delivery of projects and product improvements prioritised by the business.
You will gain invaluable experience working with EU and globally recognised security standards and frameworks,
such as PCI-DSS, ISO 27001, NIST, CIS, Swift CSCF, DORA, and PSD2.
This role offers broad development opportunities if you have the right attitude and
drive. You will be provided training opportunities to nurture a continued successful career with a growing
company in the Fintech/Regtech space where you can imprint your ideas and enthusiasm on the Cyber Security
team, drawing on your experience from previous successes.
What we offer?
• Competitive Salary of up to £75,000 per annum, depending on experience.
• Private health insurance plan participation
• Performance Bonus, including mix of cash and share-based scheme of company stock for outstanding
Furthermore, samples of your portfolio will be highly appreciated.
Right to Work
You must have the right to legally reside and work in the Republic of Cyprus or be an EU citizen.
Employment is subject to a National Police check.
Cyber Security Engineer
65000 - 75000 GBP/Year