Job ID: 1281592
Senior Content Strategist
Who we are:
We’re Folk - a strategic design consultancy based in Sydney's Inner West. We’re a bunch of friendly, like-minded people who enjoy working across public, private, and social sectors to tackle the big issues. We care deeply about the work we do and we’re passionate about using design to generate creative and innovative ways to solve complex problems.
At the heart of our work is a constant curiosity about people and how they engage with products and services in their everyday lives. Our purpose is to design a better every day for people, organisations, and the planet. It’s what gets us out of bed in the morning.
From design research through to ideation, rapid prototyping and continuous testing and improvement, we design things that create real value for people and enable our clients to better understand their audiences and markets.
What we’re looking for…
With a growing client base, and interesting projects on the horizon, we need an extra set of hands to join the team and drive thoughtful, consistent and accessible content forward.
As a Senior Content Strategist, you’ll understand and be able to clearly articulate the role that meaningful, engaging content plays in designing impactful experiences for people. Your approach to creating content will be collaborative, consultative and human-centred, ensuring that content is always inclusive and accessible.
You’ll have experience of talking to the different people who you’re creating content for, from internal stakeholders to the people who use products and services. You’ll know how to structure sessions to gather requirements, uncover content needs and requirements, gather input, and turn feedback into even more impactful digital experiences. From microcopy, to content inventories, to
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be working with
Essentials skills and experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role in a UX/Service Design Consultancy or Digital agency
- Experienced with the end-to-end (research to delivery) process of product and service design, on projects with budgets ranging from $100k to $1m
- Strong knowledge of digital standards, technology, and production methodology
- Experience in managing project finances and reporting – making sure projects are delivered on time, on budget, and to Folk standards
- Super organised with the ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
- Working knowledge of human-centred design and ability to talk to the approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (and can demonstrate this with examples)
- Exceptional eye for detail - understanding the small stuff does matter
- Collaborative and keen to contribute to studio culture and organisational development
- Maturity, confidence, and flexibility to interact with clients, suppliers, and internal staff at all levels
- Ability to anticipate client needs, and identify and mitigate problems
- Effective at identifying the right people, at the right time, in the right measure, to work on projects
- Hard-working and hands-on
- Professional, fun, friendly and self-starting
- Nice to have - familiarity with Figma.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building strong relationships with senior clients and colleagues
- Project and account management of multiple clients and projects
- Briefing consulting and design teams
- Owning, preparing for, and leading client meetings
- Proposal writing and estimating
- Solving problems and finding a way forward when things don’t go to plan
- Owning and managing multiple budgets, forecasts, and invoices – working with project leads to ensure projects are delivered to commercial targets
- Contributing to resource planning and scheduling.
Some of the benefits of working with us at Folk:
We care about the wellbeing of our team. Some of the benefits our team enjoys are:
- We work on projects with social purpose and impact.
- We work on big, complex challenges that impact real people
- We have a hybrid flexible working model – work from home and come to the studio to connect and collaborate
- We value the other important parts of your life as well – we offer flexibility for pick-ups and drop offs or sick children as well as anything else life throws at you
- Our workplace culture encourages everyone’s input and it’s taken onboard
- You are actively empowered to help shape the business, if you think something can be done better – tell someone
- We want you to grow – we have a generous development budget that we encourage you to use to invest in building your skills and following your career ambitions
- We love working with people who bring their personality, their experience, and their uniqueness to the team
- We have a working environment that is friendly, warm, open, and inspired by our values and purpose
- We put the wellbeing of our staff before projects and profit – through regular check-ins and transparent communication we ensure the everyone feels safe and supported.
Sound like you? Please send us a link to your CV, LinkedIn profile or anything that demonstrates your digital project management experience – and a brief note that tells us what attracted you to the role and what excites you about the work we do to firstname.lastname@example.org At Folk, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best products, services and experiences. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion – we are proud members of the Diversity Council of Australia. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.