Chief People & Culture Officer
Job ID: 1374924
GRIDSERVE® is an international sustainable energy business headquartered in the UK. We develop, deliver and operate premium solutions for critical energy applications. GRIDSERVE is breaking boundaries to achieve its ambitions to deliver sustainable energy and move the needle on climate change.
GRIDSERVE has delivered the most technically advanced hybrid solar projects ever built in the UK and installed more solar capacity in 2019 than any other business in the UK. GRIDSERVE is making electric vehicle charging as convenient as petrol refueling, with a national network of high powered, dependable Electric Forecourts® and Electric Super Hubs that provide drivers with the confidence to go electric. We have also launched an EV Leasing business, which continues to gain traction. These are just some of the ways we are looking to provide sustainable solutions.
We’re currently looking for an experienced CP&CO to develop and implement a comprehensive people and culture strategy that aligns with our business mission, vision and ambition. This role will ensure we deliver a first-class people service, supporting our senior leaders and managers to grow and develop high performing, future-focused teams, building capability through learning & development, people systems and management information. You will lead initiatives to build a culture that includes and inspires our team to develop and grow while promoting an exceptional employee experience.
You will lead the people, recruitment and learning & growth teams and collaborate with the Board and senior leadership team to create a working environment that is inclusive, diverse and supportive. You will also be responsible for driving the digital transformation of our HR processes and systems to ensure we have the right tools and resources to attract, develop and retain the best talent.
GRIDSERVE is a fast-moving business that always has something new and exciting on the horizon. We are entering a process of digital transformation, establishing Agile working practices and managing change within the organisation. The opportunity for this role is vast due to GRIDSERVE’s ambition and expansion plans, however we recognise that to achieve this, we need to invest in our talent and cultivate an awesome company culture that brings out the best in people. This role has been created to build that environment and make GRIDSERVE a great place to work where people want to grow their careers.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive people and culture strategy that aligns with our business goals and values
- Lead the people team to deliver on key HR initiatives, including talent acquisition, employee engagement, performance management, and learning and development
- Partner with the senior leadership team to create a culture that is inclusive, diverse, and supportive, and helps us to achieve our goals
- Develop and implement digital HR processes and systems to support our digital transformation
- Work with the senior leadership team and other stakeholders to ensure that Agile methodologies are integrated into all aspects of our organisation
- Develop and implement training programmes to support teams in transitioning to an Agile work structure
- Develop and implement a talent management strategy that aligns with our business goals and values
- Drive our employee engagement strategy, including employee feedback and recognition programmes, and develop plans to address issues or concerns raised by employees
- Manage a compensation and benefits programme that is competitive and aligned with our business goals and values
- Develop and implement policies and procedures that are compliant with all relevant employment laws and regulations
- Stay up to date with the latest HR trends and best practices, and implement new approaches where appropriate
Skills & Experience Required:
- 10+ years of experience in a people and culture leadership role, with a track record of delivering results
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a team
- Ability to demonstrate a fresh approach and digital-first approach to the HR function
- Strong digital and technology skills, with experience in driving digital transformation in HR processes and systems
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- High levels of emotional intelligence, with the ability to empower employees to fulfil their potential
- Strong knowledge of employment laws and regulations
- Experience in a high-growth, fast-paced environment is preferred
- Passion for sustainability, renewable energy, EV charging and EV Leasing is a plus
Company Culture & Values:
GRIDSERVE® prides itself in providing a workplace that is friendly, encourages creativity and independence, empowering each team member to work at their best. We are passionate with an entrepreneurial spirit, hard-working but always find time to ‘let our hair down’. Our Iver office is set in a private estate with lavish open grounds providing a great environment to work in.
Chief People & Culture Officer