2nd Line Support Engineer
Job ID: 1274969
Digitalent are really proud to be working with an innovative and expanding consultancy specialising in Information Management and Governance. They work with best of breed software products and offer ongoing services to public, private and third sector organisations, helping to create, capture, store, manage, share and preserve information and data in a secure and compliant way.
As an experienced IT Support professional you will join an existing Solutions Support Team in a rapidly growing and innovative company working with clients across Finance, Insurance, Legal, Pharma and Retail. They are enjoying a period of growth both in terms of the volume of work and the range of services they provide so they are now on the lookout for their next SuperStar!
This role focuses on excellent customer service and client support delivery, you will be the escalation point for all internal and external support queries resolving technical issues in a prompt and professional manner. You will use your great people and problem solving skills to work independently, maintaining and monitoring managed services.
Ideally, you will be an existing iManager/MicroFocus/M365 Support Engineer ready to diversify into other information governance software and solutions.
This role is a hybrid position, 2 days in their Central London office, 3 days remote - you may be required to travel to customer sites as and when required
What your day could look like:
- Respond to 2nd line support issues via our support ticketing system, phone or face to face.
- Support the maintenance and monitoring of managed services.
- Assist 1st line support in resolving their issues through knowledge transfer and collaboration.
- Update the ticketing system, ensuring all notes, progress and required actions are input promptly and accurately.
- Work with the Support Manager to ensure any recurring technical issues are addressed and any training or documentation requirements are identified and implemented
- .Continuously improve knowledge and understanding across the various software technologies supported by the team, working collaboratively with colleagues to identify ways to innovate and improve delivery and processes.
- Always maintain a strong customer focus, building strong relationships with clients and partners.
A little about you:
- Proactive and self-starter – works well independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written/verbal communication
- Excellent time management and decision-making skills
- Can-Do approach to a wide and rapidly changing environment
- Previous experience in IT or Support roles – minimum of 2 years
- Analytical mind with excellent data collection and analysis skills
- Ability to interpret functional matters into technical concepts and outcomes and vice versa
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience in the following software and technologies is advantageous:
Active Directory & Group Policy
- iManage Work / Records Manager
Micro Focus Content Manager / TRIM
Micro Focus ControlPoint / IDOL
Microsoft 365 – specifically SharePoint
Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL
Microsoft Windows 10
Microsoft Windows Servers
- Bachelor’s degree (2:2 or above) or industry relevant certifications
- ITIL certification or understanding of principles is expected
- Microsoft (Azure / 365 /Windows) certifications are expected
iManage and Micro Focus certifications are advantageous
2nd Line Support Engineer
30000 - 45000 GBP/Year
June 1, 2023
Paid Media Manager
January 20, 2023
Senior WebRTC Engineer
130000 - 150000 AUD/Year
January 17, 2023
90000 - 120000 AUD/Year